I am applying From

and Iā€™m going to

Notifications
Clear all

What is my chance in getting a work visa in the US since I lost my job in 2019 in Nigeria?

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Immigration Experts @visaliv
(@immigration-experts-visaliv)

Spoiler
US Work Visa After Job Loss in Nigeria (2024): Can You Still Qualify?

It's difficult to give a definitive answer on your chances of getting a US work visa due to several factors. However, here's a breakdown of some considerations that might influence your application:

Factors Potentially Hurting Your Chances:

• Job Loss in 2019:The gap in employment since 2 could raise questions about your current skills and marketability in the US job market.
  • Sponsorship Requirement:Most US work visas require a US employer to sponsor your application. This can be challenging as employers might hesitate with the additional paperwork and processing involved, especially if they can find qualified US citizens or permanent residents.

Factors Potentially Helping Your Chances:

• In-Demand Skills:If you possess skills in high demand within the US and are difficult to fill domestically, this can make your application more attractive to potential employers who might be willing to sponsor you.
  • Education and Experience:Strong academic qualifications and relevant work experience can strengthen your application.
  • Specific Visa Category:Depending on your qualifications and situation, you might be eligible for specific visa categories with a slightly easier path.

visaliv.comĀ